Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 14 ounces Great Northern beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- To make 1½ cups of dip: Process beans, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, almonds, garlic, basil and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. (at least 1 hour.)
- To Toast almonds, place them in a small non-stick skillet and cover over medium-low heat, shaking the skillet occasionally, until they're golden, about 5 minutes.
- A drop of hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco) may replace the ground red pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.