This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 8 small red potatoes chopped
- 1 pound dried white beans soaked overnight in enough cold water and drained
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot heat olive oil over moderately high heat and cook onion,celery, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary stirring occasionally until onion and celery are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1minute then add carrots, red potatoes, beans, stock and 5 cups of water and bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer soup covered for 2 hours.
- Stir in the wine and additional stock or water to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf.
- In a blender purée 2 cups of the soup until smooth and stir into soup.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
- Serve soup with Parmesan sprinkled over top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.