Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- slivered or chopped almonds (optional)
- Melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add rice and saute until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water and coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; cook until rice is cooked through and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve it topped with the almonds. That makes it really good!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.