This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Farrell estate in Arlington, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 7 very ripe bananas
- 1⅛ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Mash bananas then mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Sift together pastry flour, baking soda and salt then add nuts.
- Blend the two mixtures and divide into 2 lightly oiled loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.