- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup warm water
1.Combine flours, nonfat dry milk powder, and baking powder in mixing bowl.
2.Add vegetable oil and mix well with fingertips.
3.Add water slowly to mixture using one hand for mixing to work into dough.
4.Divide dough into 10 medium sized balls and lay out on a clean cloth. Roll out each ball until round, flat and thin. Cook on moderately hot griddle, turning each side until lightly browned.
- A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe