- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cinnamon
- 6 – 8 slices whole wheat or sprouted bread
- Place soy milk, flour, nutritional yeast flakes, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in mixing bowl and beat with whisk.
- Mist a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, or coat with a thin layer of canola oil.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread slices, one at a time, into the batter, making sure that both sides are covered.
- When skillet is hot, add the dipped bread.
- When the bottoms of the bread slices are well browned, carefully turn each slice over using a spatula.
- Cook the other side until it is a deep golden brown.
- Serve hot with melted non-hydrogenated margarine (like earth balance), maple syrup, powdered sugar, and/or a little sprinkling of additional cinnamon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.