Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 Scones
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- In large bowl combine all-purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Beat eggs lightly; remove 2 tbsp, and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk and raisins, stir into dry ingredients until blended; mixture will be dry.
- Knead dough in bowl until ball forms.
- Pat out on lightly floured board to 8"x8" square; cut into 16 pieces.
- Brush tops and sides with reserved egg.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in heated 375°F oven 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.