Viennese fried breaded chicken
- 3 small young chickens, quartered or halved
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very dry breadcrumbs
- Lightly salt chicken.
- Dredge first in flour then in eggs beaten with salt, finally in bread crumbs - press on crumbs firmly with palm of hand and shake off excess.
- Fry quickly (so a good crust forms) in hot lard deep enough so chicken swims.
- Lower flame and continue frying about 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.