Description[edit | edit source]
- Yield: Approximately 36 muffins
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 11 oz (3 cups) bran cereal
- 2½ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 12 oz (1½ cups) non-fat plain yogurt
- 12 oz (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 oz (¾ cup) wheat germ
- 6 oz (¾ cup) egg substitute
- ¾ cup unsulfured molasses
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 4 oz (½ cup) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 18 oz (3 cups) wild blueberries
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In large bowl combine bran, buttermilk and yogurt; let stand 15 minutes.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in wheat germ; reserve.
- In another bowl blend egg substitute, molasses, syrup, sugar and oil; stir into bran mixture and mix well.
- Add to flour-wheat germ mixture and mix just to moisten.
- Fold in wild blueberries.
- Scoop (#20) ¼-cup batter into each greased ⅓-cup muffin tin (36 total) and bake in 400°F conventional oven or 375°F convection oven 20 – 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information[edit | edit source]
- Calories : 143 | Calories from fat: 31
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.