Yield: Approximately 36 muffins
- 1½ lbs (1½ qts) cake flour
- ¾ oz (2 tbsp) baking powder
- ¼ oz (2 tsp) baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 16 oz (2 cups) low-fat buttermilk
- 12 oz (1½ cups) egg substitute
- 12 oz (1½ cups) granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1½ lb (1 qt) wild blueberries
- 3 oz (⅓ cup) crystallized ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; reserve.
- In another bowl beat together buttermilk, egg substitute, sugar and oil; stir into flour mixture just to blend.
- Fold in wild blueberries, ginger and lemon zest.
- Scoop (.20) ¼-cup batter into each greased ⅓-cup muffin tin (36 total).
- Sprinkle each muffin with sugar.
- Bake in 400°F conventional oven or 375°F convection oven 18–22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per muffin: 166; Calories from fat: 33
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.