Makes 6 servings.
- 1 ounce dried wild mushrooms
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms in 2-quart saucepan. Pour 3 cups hot water over mushrooms; let stand 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid, and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Add broth to reserved liquid and heat over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another.
- Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, peas, cheese, salt, pepper, cream and remaining butter. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.