This soup goes well with a spinach salad and a loaf of crusty French bread. Garnish with 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup half and half
- Melt butter in saucepan, cook onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and wine, cook until mixture comes to a boil, boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, ham, carrots, simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, cook until thoroughly heated.
- Do not boil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.