Makes about twenty 4-inch pancakes.
- 1 6-ounce package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small Apple, diced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined Shrimp
- Prepare rice using 2 cups water and omitting butter or margarine.
- Combine milk, buttermilk and egg whites in large bowl. Add flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt; blend until batter is fairly smooth. Stir in rice, green onions, Apple, red pepper and pecans.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on hot griddle coated with cooking spray; spreading out flat with back of spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on top and underside is lightly browned; about 1-1/2 minutes per side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.