by user Elocina
- 6 1/4 oz. fast-cooking wild rice
- 1 cup apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1.Cook rice according to package instructions. Do not add butter or margarine if included in instructions.
2.Spread cooked rice in an even layer on a cookie sheet to cool (about 10 min.)
3.Combine apple, green bell pepper, celery and cherries in a medium sized bowl.
4.Combine soy sauce, water, sugar and vinegar in a separate bowl until sugar dissolves.
5.Add soy sauce mixture and rice to apple mixture and toss ingredients until well-coated.
- Wild Rice Salad with Apples and Dried Cherries from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource