This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup wild rice washed soaked and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 10 ounce can mushroom bits and pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine rice and broth in saucepan then simmer covered until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed stirring occasionally.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in butter in separate pan over low heat until lightly browned then combine cooked rice, vegetables and butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.