This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wilson Estate in Heath, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter with olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion is transparent.
- Remove garlic and onion from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Brown chicken breast halves on both sides.
- Return garlic and onion to skillet then add chicken broth and bourbon.
- Cover and cook over very low heat until chicken is tender and done about 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.