Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes (inc rice cooking time)
Winter comfort food of whole grain rice, chard, beef & yogurt
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 pound ground sirloin, browned
- 1 large shallot, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg swiss chard, cleaned & chopped
- 1 pkg grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Cook rice per package instructions, set aside
- brown sirloin, remove from pan & remove all fat, except 1 tablespoon
- add diced shallot & 1 clove garlic, saute until opaque
- add swiss chard, cover & let steam 1-2 minutes
- add browned sirloin
- toss with grape tomatoes, if using.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- serve over cooked rice, topped with plain yogurt
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.