Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound chicken gizzards, finely ground or chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2½ to 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Brown rice in butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add gizzards, onion, celery and chives; cook until gizzards are browned.
- Add ½ teaspoon pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine paprika, rosemary, wine and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; brush on both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken skin side up in greased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425 °F for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from dish. Spoon dressing into dish; rearrange chicken on top of rice.
- Brush with remaining wine mixture. Reduce heat to 375 °F; cover and bake 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Roasted Chicken Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.