- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp margarine
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tsp cornstarch
- Trim stems from sprouts and cut an x into the base.
- In a small bowl, combine wine, honey and soy sauce.
- Over moderate heat, melt margarine in a 3 qt pot.
- Add wine mixture, water and sprouts.
- Stir and cook, covered, at a gentle simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of water.
- Stir into the pot and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve from a serving casserole.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.