This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white onion chopped
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 10 ounce package frozen peas
- 1½ cups ham chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- In a large saucepan melt butter then add onions, potatoes and water then cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes then stir in flour and slowly add milk and cook until thickened.
- Stir in peas, ham, marjoram, salt and pepper and cook until peas are tender.
- Garnish with blue cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.