- 3 to 3½ lbs chicken
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp tarragon, fried
- ¼ tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 x 12 oz can beer
- Cooking oil or Crisco for deep fat frying simmer chicken in lightly salted water for 25 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add 3" oil to the wok over medium high heat.
- Test wok for correct temperature with a cube of bread. It should brown in 60 seconds.
- Blend flour, baking powder, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Add beaten egg and beer.
- Stir until consistency of cream.
- Dip chicken into batter a few pieces at a time.
- Let excess batter drain.
- Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until nicely brown.
- Drain and keep warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.