A crowd-pleasing side that can serve as a lunch unto itself.
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 20 oz. diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 6 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Set an oven to 400° F.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions, then drain and return to the pot.
- Mix the diced tomatoes and chiles, heavy cream, and 4 cups of shredded cheddar in the pot with the pasta.
- Dump the mixture into a 9" x 13" casserole dish and cover with remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check for light browning of the cheese. If none exists, then bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 8 if you're skimpy on the portions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.