- 2 cups cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 1 zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 Eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1-2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups hot water salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sweat' the moisture out of the Eggplant by sprinkling salt over the diced pieces and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Rinse in a colander and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large pot and saute the Eggplant and zucchini until done, add the pepper and Onion.
- When all vegetables are sauteed, add bouillon, tomato paste and water and stir.
- Add the bulgur, put the lid on the pot and then take the pot off the heat.
- The bulgur will absorb the water and in 15 minutes you will have your pilaf!
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.