- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. butter and flour three 8-inch-diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides.
- Line bottoms with parchment paper.
- Whisk 2 cups boiling water, cocoa powder, and reserved chopped ginger in medium heatproof bowl.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat Sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with cocoa mixture in 3 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Divide batter among prepared cake pans; smooth tops.
- Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto racks; cool completely.
- (Cakes can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.)
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.