- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the cream in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining cream and Sugar, and stir until the mixture is smooth and the Sugar dissolves.
- Check for Sugar granules with a spoon; none should remain.
- In a small bowl, blend the yolks with a fork until smooth.
- Add the yolks to the cream mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the partially baked pastry cups, filling to 2/3 capacity.
- Bake in at 350 °F (180 °C) until the edges of the custard are puffed and middle is still jiggly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the tin.
- The pastéis are best when eaten the same day.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.