- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- Cook until vegetables are tender in oil.
- Add to vegetables a scant 1/4 cup flour.
- Cook stirring to make a roux.
- Cook and stir until roux is almost dark brown, but do not burn, it will be bitter.
- Add 1 can beef broth and stir to get roux smoothed out.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- As gravy thickens add 1/2 to 1 cup half & half cream to gravy.
- Remember to never stop stirring, until gravy is the consistency of thickness you desire.
- Remove from burner, cover and set aside until steaks are done.
- Remove steaks from oven, serve with gravy, add some mashed potatoes to have with the gravy too.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.