- 1 Eggplant, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tomatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Saute onions until they are translucent. Add garlic, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Eggplant, zucchini, red and green peppers.
- Simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally but do not break up the veggies.
- Chill overnight. Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve hot over white rice.
- Serve cold, warm, or hot!
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.