- 6 ounces fresh or frozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Crisp Tortilla Shreds (recipe follows)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14 1/2-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 2/3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Prepare crisp tortilla shreds. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook the onion and cumin seeds in hot oil about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Carefully add chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes. Stir in shrimp and chicken.
- Cook about 3 minutes more or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with tortilla shreds.
- Makes 6 servings (7 and 3/4 cups).
Crisp Tortilla Shreds Edit
- Brush four 5 1/2-inch corn tortillas with 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper; sprinkle mixture on tortillas.
- Cut tortillas into thin strips.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 F oven about 8 minutes or until crisp.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.