- Scrub tongue well, put in a pot of cold water (1 – 1½ or 1½ quarts), and simmer gently.
- To improve taste and aroma, peel and add carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings.
- When done, remove from broth and place tongue in cold to skin it more easily.
- Cut cleaned tongue diagonally into very thin slices.
- Serve before completely cool and garnish with greens.
- Can be served with cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, and other fresh and pickled vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.