- 16 oz black eggplants, peeled, cubed
- 20 oz lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- a dash of ground black pepper and allspice
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter or shortening
- Sprinkle salt on eggplant cubes.
- Place aside for 1 hour.
- Fry eggplant cubes in hot oil.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Fry chopped onion for 2 minutes then sauté meat with 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cover with water, add salt and spices, and cook on high heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Add fried eggplants to meat and stock.
- Cover pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve eggplant stew with lemon wedges and eggplant dip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.