Japanese grilled eggplant
- Bring seasoning ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan and let cool.
- Bring sauce to a boil in a small saucepan and let cool.
- Grill eggplants whole on a wire rack on grill until they are soft and feel tender.
- Test with your finger or a toothpick to see how soft it is.
- Place in cold water to cool; then peel and pat dry.
- Put eggplant in seasoning liquid; allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove eggplant and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place eggplant into serving dish; top with some sauce and a few bonito flakes; serve at room temperature or chilled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.