Salad Ingredient Edit
- Chinese lettuce (or other broad leafed veggie) to form a base for the salad bowl.
- cup of onion, sliced
- cup of tomato wedges
- cup of cucumber, sliced
- cup prik chi fa (Thai jalapenos), julienned
- cup of broccoli florets, blanched
- cup of bean sprouts
Dressing Ingredients Edit
- cup of lime juice
- cup of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or nam makham piag (tamarind juice)
- 2 tablespoons nam tan paep (palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon prik ki nu daeng haeng (dried red chilis), ground
- 1 tablespoon khao koor (toasted rice)
- Line a serving bowl with the lettuce leaves, then toss the other ingredients and place on the lettuce, garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves, lime leaves, thinly sliced shallots, and julienned spring onions.
- In a dry skillet or wok, toast the peanuts until light golden brown, allow to cool and crumble (a few sharp blows with the flat of a cleaver should suffice, and avoid turning them into peanut butter, as the use of a food processor is inclined to).
- Toast 2 tablespoons of uncooked long-grain rice (either white or brown, to taste), and then when cool, grind to a coarse powder (khao koor).
- Combine the ingredients to form the dressing, and place in a small bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.