This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla
- 1 cup cooked mashed yams
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream shortening, eggs and vanilla then add yams and mix well then stir in dry ingredients and raisins.
- Mix well then drop by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.