- 100 g yam
- 2 sliced onions
- 125 ml tomato paste
- 500 ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot chillies to taste
- Clean and slice the yams.
- Place a drizzle of oil in a pot; heat it and sauté two sliced onions.
- Add 125 ml (½ cup) tomato paste and 500 ml (2 cups) water; mix.
- Add the yams, salt and pepper and some hot chilies to taste.
- Let simmer until the yams are cooked.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Serve on rice as an accompaniment to or meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.