Soup of the Pastures
- 4 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons rice, washed and drained
- 1 cup natural full-fat yogurt
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Bring the salted stock and rice to the boil, then simmer until it is cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, stir the flour into the yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Slowly whisk one cup of hot stock into the yogurt one spoonful at a time to prevent curdling.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the stock and rice.
- Stir and reheat gently until the soup has just thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
- Top the soup with a knob of butter.
- Sprinkle with dried mint leaves and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.