Including notes on just which avocado variety to use when, this recipe is always in season!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 x 2-inch sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro, cut finely with scissors
- 1 chile de arbol, dried and finely crushed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- lime juice
- Chill avocados, then mash with a potato masher leaving a good amount of chunks.
- Use Hass avocados spring through fall, or Pinkerton or Fuerte Winter through Spring.
- Stir all ingredients together and spatula them flat into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1-tbsp. of lime juice to keep from discoloring.
- Chill for about an hour.
- Turn into a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro, parsley and .
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.