In Romanian: Mazurca dospita in apa
- 13 yolks
- ½ cup warm melted butter
- ½ cup tepid milk
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 oz / 25 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- Mix the yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar, pour the tepid milk and a little flour to obtain a dough starter.
- Let it rise a little.
- Then add yolks beaten with sugar and tepid butter, salt and vanilla.
- Knead with flour the same way as for sweet breads.
- Put this dough into a cloth or fabric sack, tie tightly (but leave room for the dough to rise) and submerge into a large pot or bucket with cold water.
- Leave it this way from morning till evening (or from the preceding evening to the next day).
- When the dough has risen enough, bring it to the surface of the water.
- Remove from the cloth, place on the pastry board and shape into little pretzels, small figure eight (8) or snails.
- Place on the baking sheet, leave ½ hour in a warm place, wash with egg (they may be sprinkled with ground walnuts or ground blanched almonds).
- Bake at medium heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.