A filipino custard candy made from egg yolk and milk.
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
1. In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until it is reduced to about one cup. Stir in sugar until well blended. Turn off heat and let cool..
2. Mix three tablespoons of simmered milk with the egg yolks and then add this mixture gradually to the milk in the pan. Stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Shape into balls using 1 tablespoon of the mixture to make one ball. Roll finished balls in confectioner's sugar.
4. Small individual molds are usually used, then the mixture is unmolded into soufflé cups before serving.