- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise (1 heaping cup)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¾ lb lean lamb, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ⅛ tsp allspice salt, if desired, to taste freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil, and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lamb, and sauté the meat, stirring it often, just to brown the strips on all sides.
- Stir in the broth, oregano, cumin, coriander, allspice, salt, and pepper, and cook the mixture a few minutes longer.
- Serve the meat mixture, sprinkled with parsley, over the hot couscous.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.