Yemeni hot sauce
- 1 lb serrano chiles
- 5 whole heads of garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, well rinsed
- 1 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ tsp powdered cumin
- salt to taste
- olive oil to cover
- Blend in food processor.
- Makes + or - about a pint. Stores well in refrigerator.
- Now, some variations. Use habaneros, seeds and all. Serranos taste wonderful but habaneros taste better and pack more kick.
- Add some olive oil while blending.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.