- 1 pound Eggplant
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup tomato puree, fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon zhoug, or the milder condiment, shatta
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake the Eggplant until it is very soft, about 35 minutes.
- Peel and cool. mash the Eggplant pulp amd mix with the choppped
tomato. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.