This recipe was created by The Geeky Chef and inspired by the soup in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 pounds seeded and peeled pumpkin or kabocha, diced
- ¾ cup white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, cloves cut into quarters
- 4 ½ cups fish stock (alternative: chicken or vegetable stock)
- ½ cup Goat Cheese or as desired
- 1¼ cups cream (optional)
- Fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Salmon filet (any fish will do) (optional)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Roast pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a roasting pan with a bit of olive oil.
- In a soup pot, put the roasted items and turn to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the stock and simmer for up to 45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Put in a food processor and blend until smooth. Blend in small amounts of the goat cheese along with the cream if desired. Adjust thickness with the leftover stock. Add more cream if desired and finish seasoning with herbs, salt, and pepper.
- If you add a filet of your chosen fish, pan-fry it first with oil, salt and pepper, then add it to the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.