Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
A Romanian interpretation of the English Vinegar Cake. In Romainian: Chec englezesc
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of fresh orange peel
- ½ cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 pack of sweetened fruit peel or ½ cup of raisins and walnuts
- ½ cup of oil or margarine or butter
- 1¼ cup of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- Heat oven to 325°F (150°C).
- Beat all the ingredients together then before putting it in the oven (you can decorate the surface with some raisins and/or walnuts).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After baking sprinkle some icing sugar on the top of the cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.