Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked according to box instructions
Meaty sauce Edit
- 1 pkg veggie ground round
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 jar * 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
White Sauce Edit
- In a pot, sauté onions in olive oil for about 5–6 minutes on medium heat.
- Crumble veggie ground round into pot and add the pasta sauce.
- Stir well.
- Add the herbs and black pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes - 1 hour (the longer you leave it to simmer, the more flavour it will have).
- Stir often.
- Only make the white sauce when you are ready to put the lasagna together.
- To make the white sauce, melt the margarine in a sauce pan, add the flour and whisk into a paste.
- Add soy milk, and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Lightly grease a lasagna pan and place 3 noodles on the bottom.
- Pour ⅓ of the white sauce over the noodles.
- Spread half of the meaty sauce on top of the white sauce and noodles.
- Make one more layer of noodles and use ⅓ of the white sauce and the remaining meaty sauce.
- Place noodles on the top and pour the remaining white sauce over the lasagna.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 °F oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5–10 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.