Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1947.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 4 cups spicy catsup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2½ sticks butter
- Add the onion and ½ cup of the juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium-size saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.