Boiled Yucca with Garlic Sauce
- 6 medium-size yuccas, peeled and cut 1 to 1½ inches thick
- 1 cup sour orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer the yucca, covered in salted water, until very tender, 25 to 30 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garlic Sauce, or Mojo Criollo: Mash the garlic and salt into a paste. Stir in the orange juice. In a saucepan, heat the oil just to a boiling point and remove it from the heat. Whisk in the orange juice mixture until well blended.
- Transfer the yucca to a serving bowl or platter, and toss with the garlic sauce. Sprinkle with the parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.