- 1½ pounds yucca
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tangerines, peeled and diced
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bunch chives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon julienned cilantro leaves
- Boil 1 ½ gallons of salted water in a large pot.
- Add yucca and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes until yucca is totally translucent.
- Set aside to cool in the water.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat to rest on trivet.
- Stir in lime juice and fruit.
- Add onion, chives, parsley and cilantro.
- salt to taste.
- Drain yucca and place in serving bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.