Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup marsala wine
- grated rind of ½ lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons preserved ginger — finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream — whipped
- fresh raspberries
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler until light and frothy.
- Add wine, lemon rind, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place container over hot, not boiling, water and continue beating.
- As soon as the zabaglione increases in volume and is light and even in texture, remove it from the heat and continue stirring until it cools.
- Add ginger and gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Chill and serve chilled with raspberries and more slightly sweetened cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.