This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 heads purple Belgian endive
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers chopped
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Arrange 4 endive leaves on each of 4 chilled salad plates.
- Coarsely chop the remaining leaves and make a bed of them on the arranged leaves.
- Combine vinegar, crabmeat, tarragon, olive oil, mayonnaise, capers, tabasco and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide crab mixture equally among the plates mounding it on the beds of chopped endive.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.