- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 – 3 medium zucchini (courgettes)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (180 ml) bread crumbs, preferably fresh
- ½ cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bake the zucchini in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 minutes, until soft but not mushy.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over moderate heat and saute the onion until golden brown.
- Combine the bread crumbs, milk, egg, cooked onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Slice the zucchini in two lengthwise and scoop out the pulp.
- Chop the pulp coarsely and stir into the bread crumb mixture.
- Fill the zucchini shells with the mixture.
- For the topping, combine the bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the zucchini.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until the topping is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.